Discovery Club and crèche...
For babies to children up to the age of 11 (year 6)
Children meet each Sunday morning during the second half of the service for their own lessons in six groups, plus a crèche for the very youngest.
- Crèche is available for babies throughout the service, and for younger children up to the break in the service (if there is space!). Parents are welcome to stay with their babies or rejoin the service. We are well equipped with toys, nappy changing facilites, and some spare clothes!
- Hoppers is for children from the time that they can walk up to approximately age 3. We meet in the front section of the back hall. We listen to a bible story together, sing songs, do simple craft and play together.
- Scramblers is for children from about age three through to when they start school. We meet in the rear section of the back hall. Our lessons tend to be short and usually consist of a Bible story, some songs and a craft activity. There is often time to play as well before the service ends.
- Climbers is for children in foundation (4-5 year olds) year, and meets in room 3 upstairs.
- Explorers is for school years 1 and 2 (6-7 year olds), and meets in rooms 1 and 2 upstairs.
With these younger groups, the aim of the class is to teach the children from the bible in a way which is relevant to their lives. We do this through bible stories and related activities which reinforce the lesson. Lessons are prepared using "Click" resources from The Good Book Company.
- Searchers is for school years 3 and 4 (7-9 year olds), and meets in room 4 upstairs.
- Pioneers is for years 5 and 6 (9-11 year olds) and meets in the church office.
With these two older groups, we aim to support and challenge children in learning more about Jesus and the Christian faith, and to see how faith in Jesus affects our everyday lives. We use "Click" resources from The Good Book Company to support the children's learning through reading the bible together, discussion, drama and craft activities.
The children in Discovery Club sponsor Matthew Ansumana, a young boy in Sierra Leone, to enable him to attend school.
If you are a regular attender at Eden and are interested in teaching in discovery club, please contact our children's worker Sara Reid. Please note that all teachers are subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check and references will be taken.